Terms of Service
Personal Information Handling Policy
Article 1 (Objective)
Article 2 (Definition)
• ①”Service” means Uniqpiece (uniqpiece.com), that may be used by a “Member” regardless of the device being implemented (including various wired and wireless devices, such as PCs, TVs, and mobile devices), and the various services relating to Uniqpiece.
• ③”User Name” means the “Sub Domain” used when granting a personal access address and identification of a Member.
• ④”Email Address” means the combination of letters or numbers designated by a Member and approved by Company for the use of Service and identification of Member.
• ⑤”Password” means the combination of letters or numbers designated by an individual Member for password protection and to confirm whether one is a Member conforming to the Email Address designated by the Member.
• ⑥”Posting(s)” means writings, images, videos, and various files and links in an information form, such as the signs, letters, voice, sound, images, or video posted on the Service while Member uses the Service.
• ⑦”Chart” means the supply of ranking information by Company based on the information of Members and Postings of Members.
• ⑧”My Piece” means to manage the posts of Members or posts gathered by Member.
Article 4 (Formation of Usage Agreement)
• ②The principle shall be for Company to approve the use of the Service for applications by Applicant. However, Company may disapprove of applications or may cancel the usage agreement afterwards for applications pertaining to the following sections.
o 2. In the event of entering false information or not entering contents suggested by Company
o 3. In the event that approval is impossible due to a cause imputable to the Applicant or when making an application by breaching other regulated matters
• ③Company may request for real name confirmation and personal identification through a specialized agency pursuant to the types of Member in the application pursuant to Clause 1.
• ④Company may defer approval in the event that there is a technical or operational problem or it cannot afford Service related facilities.
• ⑤In the event of disapproving or deferring membership subscription applications pursuant to Clauses 2 and 4, Company shall, in principle, notify such to the Applicant.
• ⑥The period of formation of the usage agreement shall be the point of time when Company makes note of the completion of membership during the application procedure.
• ⑧Company may place restrictions per grade or use over Member to comply with the grade and age regulations pursuant to the Promotion of the Motion Pictures and Video Products Act and Juvenile Protection Act.
Article 5 (Modification of Member Information)
• ①Member may access or modify his or her personal information at any time through the personal information management screen.
• ②In the event that a matter entered upon application of membership subscription has been modified, Member must modify the matter online or notify of the modification to Company through email or another method.
• ③Company shall not be responsible for any disadvantages occurring by failure to notify Company regarding the modified matters in Clause 2.
Article 6 (Personal Information Protection Obligation)
Company shall make efforts to protect the personal information of Member pursuant to the matters designated by related laws, such as the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization. The Personal Information Handling Policy of Company and related laws shall apply for the protection and use of personal information. However, for linked websites, other than the official website of Company, the Personal Information Handling Policy of Company shall not apply.
Article 7 (Obligation on Management of Email Address and Password of Member)
• ①The responsibility to manage the Email Address and Password of Member is with Member, and Member shall not allow a third party to use such.
• ②In the event that there is concern that the Email Address of Member may leak personal information, is anti-social, goes against public morals, or misleads others to consider the holder of the Email Address as Company or an operator of Company, Company may restrict the use of the pertaining User Name.
• ③In the event that Member is aware that the Email Address or Password has been stolen or is used by a third party, the Member must immediately notify Company and comply with the guidance provided by Company.
• ④In the event of a situation involving Clause 3, if the pertaining Member does not notify such fact to Company, or does not comply with the guidance provided by Company, even after providing notification, Company shall not be responsible for any disadvantages occurring as a result.
Article 8 (Notification to Member)
• ②In the event that Company provides notification to all Members, it may substitute the notification in Clause 1 by posting on the board of the Company for seven (7) days or more.
Article 9 (Obligations of Company)
• ②Company must be equipped with a security system for personal information protection so that Member may safely use the Service and shall announce and comply with the Personal Information Handling Policy.
• ③Company shall process opinions or complaints by Member in relation to the use of Service when acknowledging that such matter is justified. Company shall deliver the handling process and results to Member through using the board or email regarding the opinions or complaints raised by Member.
Article 10 (Obligations of Member)
• ①Member shall not conduct the following acts.
o 1. Registration of false information upon application or modification
o 2. Theft of information of others
o 3. Modification of information posted by Company
o 4. Transmission or posting of information other than the information designated by Company (such as computer programs, etc...)
o 5. Infringement of intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, of Company or other third parties
o 6. Acts damaging the honor or disturbing the business of Company or another third party
o 7. Acts disclosing or posting obscene or violent messages, images, or sounds or other information against public order and good morals of the Service
o 8. Acts of using the Service for profit-making purposes without the consent of Company
o 9. Other unlawful or unreasonable acts
Article 11 (Supply of Service, etc...)
• ①The principle shall be to provide the Service throughout the year, for twenty-four (24) hours a day.
• ②In the event there is cause such as repair and maintenance, replacement, or breakdown of information communication equipment such as computers, suspension of communications, or other notable operational causes, Company may temporarily suspend the supply of the Service. In this case, Company shall notify Member in a method designated in “Notification to Member” in Article 8. However, in the event that there is an unavoidable cause not allowing Company to provide prior notification, Company may provide notification afterwards.
• ③Company may conduct regular inspections when necessary for providing the Service, and the regular inspection time shall be made in compliance with the matters notified on the Service supply screen.
Article 12 (Modification of Service)
• ①Company may modify the Service in whole or in part that is provided pursuant to the operational or technical needs when there is a notable reason.
• ②In the event that there is a modification regarding the contents, usage method, or usage time of the Service, Company shall post the modification cause, modified service, and supply date on the initial screen of the pertaining service before the modification.
• ③Company may revise, suspend, or modify the Service provided free of charge in whole or in part based on policy or operational needs of Company, and shall not provide separate compensation to Member unless there is a particular regulation in related laws regarding such matter.
Article 13 (Supply of Information and Publication of Advertisements)
• ①Company may provide diverse information to Member in methods such as announcements or emails when it acknowledges as being necessary for the use of the Service by the Member. However, Member may refuse the receipt through email at any time, excluding responses to customer inquiries or transaction-related information pursuant to related laws.
• ②In the event of seeking to transmit the information in Clause 1 through phone or facsimile equipment, the transmission shall be made by obtaining the prior consent of Member. However, this Clause shall not apply for responses to customer inquiries of transaction-related information of Member.
• ③Company may publish advertisements on the Service screen, website, or emails relating to the operation of the Service. Member receiving emails published with an advertisement may refuse receipt of such to Company.
• ④Users (including Members and non-Members) shall not take measures, such as the modification, revision, or restriction of Postings or other information, relating to the Service provided by Company.
Article 14 (Copyrights of Postings)
• ①The copyrights for Postings posted by Member within the Service shall vest to the copyright holder of the pertaining Posting.
• ②The Postings posted by Member within the Service may be exposed to promotions relating to the Service or a search result, and for such exposure, the Postings may be posted by revising, reproducing, or editing some parts within the necessary scope. In this case, Company shall comply with the regulations of the Copyright Act, and Member may take measures, such as the removal, exclusion from search results, or non-disclosure of the pertaining Postings through the management function within the Service or the customer center at any time.
• ③Company shall obtain prior consent by Member through phone or email when seeking to use the Postings of Member in a method other than that specified in Clause 2.
Article 15 (Management of Postings)
• ①In the event that the Postings by Member include matters breaching related laws, such as the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization or Copyright Act, the right holder may request for suspension or removal of the pertaining Postings pursuant to a procedure designated by related laws, and Company shall take measures pursuant to relevant laws.
• ②Even if there is no request by the right holder pursuant to the previous clause, if there is a reason allowing acknowledgement of infringement of rights or when there is a breach of the policies of the other company or related laws, Company may take temporary measures regarding the pertaining “Postings” pursuant to related laws.
• ③The detailed procedure pursuant to this Article shall be made in compliance with the “report service” designated by Company within the scope regulated by the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Copyright Act.
Article 16 (Vested Rights)
• ①The copyrights and intellectual property rights regarding the Service shall vest to Company. However, copyrights provided pursuant to an alliance agreement or the Postings of Member shall be excluded.
• ②Company shall grant only usage rights to use the “account,” User Name, and “contents” pursuant to the usage conditions designated by Company to Member in relation to the Service, and Member shall not engage in acts of disposal, such as the transfer, sales, or supply as security, of such.
Article 17 (Contract Cancellation and Termination, etc...)
• ①”Member may apply for cancellation of usage agreement through the customer center in the initial service screen at any time, and Company shall immediately process such application pursuant to the designated matters by related laws.
• ②In the event that Member cancels the agreement; all data of Member shall immediately become destroyed, unless Company retains the member information pursuant to related laws and the Personal Information Handling Policy.
• ③In the event that Member cancels the agreement, all Postings uploaded by Member shall be removed.
Article 18 (Use Restriction, etc...)
• ②Company may immediately take measures for permanent suspension of use in the event Member breaches related laws, such as supply of illegal programs or operation disturbance breaching the Copyright Act and Computer Programs Protection Act, or illegal communications and hacking, distribution of malicious programs, or excess access privileged in breach of the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization, despite the previous clause. When a measure is taken for permanent suspension of use pursuant to this Clause, all benefits obtained through the use of the Service shall become extinct, and Company shall not provide separate compensation for such.
• ③In the event of restricting use of the Service or cancelling the agreement pursuant to this Article, Company shall provide notification pursuant to “Notification to Member” in Article 8.
• ④Member may raise objections pursuant to the procedures designated by Company regarding restrictions of use pursuant to this Article. At this time, if Company approves that the objection is reasonable, Company shall immediately resume use of the “Service.”
Article 19 (Limitation on Responsibility)
• ①In the event that Company is not able to provide the Service due to a natural disaster or similar force majeure, the responsibility regarding the supply of Service shall be exempted.
• ②Company shall not be responsible for disorder in use of the Service due to a cause imputable to the Member.
• ③Company shall not be responsible for the contents posted by Member in relation to the Service, such as information, materials, credibility of facts, or accuracy of the matter.
• ④Company shall be exempted of responsibility when there is a transaction between Members or between Member and a third party by using the Service as a medium.
• ⑤Company shall not be responsible if there is no particular regulation in related laws relating to the use of service provided free of charge.
Article 20 (Applicable Law and Jurisdiction)
• ①The laws of the Republic of Korea shall be the applicable law for lawsuits brought between Company and a Member.
• ②Lawsuits on disputes arising between Company and Member shall be brought at the court with jurisdiction under the Civil Procedure Act.
Uniqpiece Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, “Company”) values the personal information of members, and complies with personal information protection regulations under relevant laws such as the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, and the Personal Data Protection Act, among others, in relation to the protection of personal information.
Company shall make best efforts to prevent the misuse or leakage of personal information of members through the Personal Information Treatment Policy, and shall inform of the usage and method by which the personal information provided by members is used and the measures that are being taken for protection of personal information.
Company takes measures so that members may easily view the Personal Information Treatment Policy at any time by disclosing such Policy on the homepage of the website.
However, this Personal Information Treatment Policy may be modified due to changes in government regulations or guidelines or to enhance service, thus, members are recommended to check contents frequently upon visiting the website, and in case Company revises the Personal Information Treatment Policy, Company shall notify through the announcement section of the website (or through individual notification).
0. Consent to Personal Information Collection
1. Personal Information Collection and Purposes of Use
“Personal information” means information regarding a living individual allowing to identify such individual, such as name, email address, or phone number.
Most of the Uniqpiece service may be viewed at any time without separate user registration.
However, Company collects personal information of users to provide further quality service, including customized service to users, through membership service (services based on log-in that are currently being provided, such as event formation, or will be provided in the future).
Company does not disclose the personal information of users without the prior written consent of users, and uses the collected information as follows.
First, a more useful service may be developed based on the personal information of users. Company may improves its efficiency to determine the priority of the service to develop, based on the personal information provided to Company by the existing users upon developing a new service or expanding contents, and Company may reasonably select and provide the contents required by users.
Second, most of the various information and services provided by Company are free of charge. Company may attract advertisements to provide such free services, and may adequately deliver the advertisements or materials in each service or menu based on the accurate personal information of users. Company shall only show advertisements suitable to the type of users targeted by advertisers when attracting advertisements from advertisers, and shall never show or provide the personal information of users to the advertisers.
Third, for smooth usage of services provided by Company, members may allow SNS entities to provide information regarding connection to Company by undergoing a lawful consent procedure. Company may utilize such within the scope of authority allowed from users to provide smooth services for the connected SNS, and shall never use for a purpose that was not expressly allowed. In case that an additional request of authority is necessary from members to use the service, Company shall obtain the prior consent of users through the certification service of each SNS in any case.
Fourth, Company collects and uses member information for the following objectives, depending on the classification of members.
A. Commonly applied to all members
Mandatory: email, password, residing area, date of birth, My Page address
Optional: use information – gender, residing address, website, SNS information (Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc...)
Fifth, the following information may be automatically created and collected in other procedures for usage or business handling processes.
- Service usage records, access logs, cookies, access IP information, payment records: prevention of illegal use, prevention of unauthorized use, etc…
Sixth, Company does not collect sensitive information (criminal history, genetic information, etc...) that has the potential of infringing on the basic human rights of members.
Seventh, all information provided by members is not be used for any other purpose than for the use necessary for the above objectives, and in case the scope, objective for use, or use of the collected information is modified, the prior consent of members shall be obtained in any case.
The above information not only includes information at the time of subscription, but also information modified due to revision of information.
2. Personal Information Retention and Period of Use
In case the objective of the collection and use of personal information is achieved, the principle is for Company to destroy the pertaining personal information without delay.
However, the following information is retained for the specified period for the below reasons.
- Retention category: Cookies, sessions
- Retention basis: Consent to the Service Usage Terms and Personal Information Handling Policy of Company
- Retention period: Deleted upon logging out
In addition, in case there is a need to retain based on regulations of relevant laws, Company retains member information for a certain period designated by the relevant laws as below.
- Retention category: Name, email, cellphone number, password, usage information, information of balancing accounts, corporate information
- Retention basis: Consent to the Service Usage Terms and Personal Information Handling Policy of Company
- Retention period: While maintaining qualifications as a member
1) Records on withdrawal from subscriptions or contracts
- Retention basis: Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc…
- Retention period: 5 years
(Information regarding applications to participate in gatherings or events shall pertain to information on contracts.)
2) Records on payment and supply of goods
- Retention basis: Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc...
- Retention period: 5 years
3) Records on consumer complaints or handling of disputes
- Retention basis: Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc...
- Retention period: 3 years
4) Records on visits to website
-Retention basis: Protection of Communications Secrets Act
-Retention period: 3 months
3. Personal Information Destruction Procedure and Method
The principle is for the personal information of members to be destroyed without delay once the collection and objective for use of the personal information is achieved.
A. Destruction procedure
- The information entered for purposes such as membership subscription by members are transferred to a separate DB after the objective is achieved (a separate filing cabinet for paper materials) and are destroyed after being stored for a certain period of time pursuant to internal policy or other information protection reasons based on related laws (refer to Retention and Period of Use).
- The personal information transferred to a separate DB is not used for any other objective excluding cases when based on law.
B. Destruction method
- Personal information printed on paper is destroyed through incineration or shredding in a shredder.
- Personal information saved in an electronic file form is deleted by using a technical method disallowing the regeneration of the record.
4. Supply and Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
A. Company uses the personal information of users within the scope notified in Article 1, and does not use the information in a scope exceeding that agreed to or provide the personal information of users to a third party without prior consent of the members, as a principle. However, an exception applies in the following situations.
- In the event that users have consented to disclosure or supply to a third party in advance
- In the event that it is based on regulations of law or in the event that there is a demand by an investigative agency pursuant to the procedures and methods designated by law, for the purpose of investigation
B. In the event that purchase orders or payment is conducted through the service provided by Company, relevant information within the necessary scope for performing the transaction are provided to the transacting parties, such as meetings, delivery, and smooth communication between the transacting parties, including consultation.
5. Consignment of Personal Information Handling
Company consigns personal information handling as follows for improvement of services, and regulates essential matters so that personal information is safely managed upon forming a consignment agreement pursuant to relevant laws. Company’s consignment to personal information handling agencies and current consignment tasks are as follows.
Consignee Consigned Task Personal Information Retention and Period of Use
Paygate Co., Ltd. Electronic payment agency service Until membership withdrawal or termination of consignment agreement
Infobank Co., Ltd. SMS sending service Until membership withdrawal or termination of consignment agreement
6. Rights of Members and Exercise Method of Rights
A. Members may search or modify his or her registered personal information at any time, and may withdraw his or her consent on the use of personal information through the membership withdrawal process.
B. In order to search or modify personal information, confirmation is available at [Member Information Modification] within [My Page] of the website, and withdrawal is available through ‘Ask 1:1 Questions’ under Help of [Account Menu] for subscription cancellation (consent for withdrawal). In addition, members may request for access/modification/withdrawal by contacting through writing, phone, or email to the personal information protection manager of Company.
C. In the event that members request for correction of an error in personal information, the concerned personal information is not used or provided before the correction is complete. Company handles the personal information that has been cancelled or removed by the request of members pursuant to that specified in Article 2, and handles the matter so that access or usage for any other purposes is not possible.
7. Obligations of Members
A. Members shall have the obligation to protect his or her own personal information, and Company shall not take any responsibility for problems occurring due to leakage of personal information due to personal negligence or internet issues.
B. When submitting personal information, members shall submit the latest and most accurate information. The responsibility for problems arising due to inaccurate information entry by members shall be with the members themselves, and when using the service by stealing personal information, such as the resident registration number of others, the member may lose membership eligibility and may be punished based on the Resident Registration Act.
C. While members have the right to have their personal information protected, they also have the obligation to protect themselves and not to infringe on the information of others. Members shall take care to prevent leakage of their personal information, including passwords, and shall take care not to damage the personal information of others, including postings posted by others.
D. Members must comply with the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Personal Data Protection Act, Resident Registration Act, and other laws relating to personal information.
8. Links to Websites
Company may provide links to materials or websites of another company to members. In this case, Company does not have any control of the external websites or materials, thus, cannot take responsibility or provide guarantees on the usefulness of the service or materials offered. In the event of being transferred to another website page through the link included in the Company website, users should review the policy of the newly visited website, since the personal information handling policy of the pertaining website is irrelevant with Company.
9. Installation and Operation of Automatic Personal Information Collection Device (Cookies, etc...) and Issues regarding Refusal
B. Cookie Establishment and Refusal Method
- By setting the options of the web browsers used by members, members may select to allow all cookies, undertake a confirmation process whenever saving a cookie, or refuse saving all cookies. However, in the event of refusing to save cookies, members shall receive notice that there may be restrictions in the usage of some of the services requiring log-in.
- Method of designating whether to allow installation of cookies (for Internet Explorer)
1) Select [Internet Option] under the [Tools] menu
2) Click on [Personal Information]
3) Click on [Advanced]
4) Select whether to allow cookies
10. Technical and Managerial Protection Measures for Personal Information
Company performs protection measures as follows to protect the personal information of members.
A. Encryption of passwords
Passwords of members are saved and managed in an encrypted form. Only an individual member knows the password, and confirmation and modification of a password is only available by the member who knows the password. Thus, members are required to take special care so that the password of the member is not disclosed to another party.
B. Safeguarding against hacking or computer viruses
Company takes necessary security measures to prevent the damage or leakage of personal information of members based on hacking or computer viruses, and takes efforts to be equipped with all possible technical methods to procure further enhanced security measures.
C. Restriction and training of personal information handling personnel
Company limits the number of employees handling personal information to a minimum, and frequently conducts training for related employees to confirm the performance and compliance status of this Policy.
11. Personal Information Protection Manager
Company has employed a customer service managing division and personal information protection manager to protect the personal information of users and process complaints relating to personal information. For inquiries relating to personal information, members may contact the customer service management division or personal information protection manager below.
□Customer service management division: Operation Team
□Name of personal information protection manager: Taeho Kim
In the event that reports or consultation is required regarding other personal information infringements, the following agencies may be contacted.
1. Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (www.1336.or.kr/1336)
2. ePrivacy (www.eprivacy.or.kr/02-580-0533~4)
3. Internet Crime Investigation Center of Supreme Prosecutors’ Office (icic.sppo.go.kr/02-3480-3600)
4. Cyber Terror Response Center (www.ctrc.go.kr/02-392-0330)
12. Revisions and Notification of Revisions regarding Personal Information Handling Policy
This Policy shall be enforced from December 1, 2014. In the event that this Personal Information Handling Policy is revised, Company is planning to notify the revised matter in the ‘Notifications’ section of the website at least seven (7) days before enforcement.